31 October 2007

Inspired by sunsets

Lesson Six of the 'Stop the Moment' photography competition over at Crafting in Style, involved tips and techniques for taking photographs of sunrises and sunsets. This is my layout entry:



I was a little bit stuck on how to scrap the photograph, since I take so many sunrise and sunset photographs, and I have already scrapped my favourite ones. So in the end I went with a simple design and hoped for the best. The journalling is written on the notepaper tucked in behind the photograph, and this is (partially) what it says:

I have always had a weakness for sunsets - there is something romantic and mesmerising about the sun slipping below the horizon and leaving behind a sky full of burnt orange tones.

On this particular evening I must have taken 20 or 30 photographs of the setting sun. In our part of Australia there aren't many locations where we can see the sun setting over the ocean, so it was not surprising that I had my camera on hand every evening throughout our holiday to capture whatever sunset colours that nature had in store.

Sunset #11... one image of many, that evoke some very special holiday memories.


This layout combines a lot of my favourite things - sunset, orange and lime, Crate Paper, spots, flowers and buttons, machine stitching, ribbon, simple design - so it is very much a reflection of where my 'comfort zone' scrapping is at right now.

For more sunrise and sunset layouts from the other CISters... head over to the CIS gallery.

0 messages :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)