07 August 2009

It's all about colour

Someone asked me the other day what part of scrapbooking I do best. Hmmm... self-evaluation is pretty tricky, but I think one of my creative strengths is that I'm not afraid to experiment with colour. I love playing around with colour and I can usually manage to pull together unexpected colour combinations. Even when I get the overall balance or the embellishments not-quite-right, I can usually hide those shortcomings with colour.

Over at Scrap Boutique the monthly challenge is to create a layout using PRIMARY COLOURS - lots of fun!




Next, I created this card, which was inspired by two challenges:

Photobucket

* Cute Card Thursday ~ "Tealy Good' challenge
Use the colour combination of TEAL and RED
* 2 Sketches 4 You ~ Kazan's sketch #72

Credits: I used MME paper from the Just Dreamy 2 range, and a stamp that I received in a stamped image swap. I think it was from Leah, will need to check to give proper credit!!


And last one for today, this layout is for the Scrap Lounge monthly challenge for August, which required the colours of BROWN, GREEN and CREAM:

Wetlands

8 comments :

  1. I don't know how you do it Karen, I need to sit and scrap with you more in the future.They are all amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout and card Karen! Absolutely love the vibrant colours you've used, they really suit the purpose, and I agree, you are great at colours!!! Oh, and yep, that's my stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW.. you have been busy!! I love the pages!! Fabulous works of art!!!

    Thank you for signing up for my blog candy. hugs janny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work with all the cards Karen. Loving all the bright colours you have been using.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the layouts and the card is gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration.
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful LOs and great card!! Thanks for joining in with us on Cute Card Thursday. Lol Lynn ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)