03 October 2009

World Card Making Day



As a 'novice' cardmaker I am so excited to be involved in World Cardmaking Day celebrations. It kind of makes me feel like I am becoming a cardmarker and not just pretending anymore.

I'm working today but still hope to find some time to create a few cards, my tiny contribution to making the world a smaller and more friendly place to be :)

Here's what I've been doing so far:

Over at Scrap Pile we are having a WCMD challenge day today.  I'm hosting a challenge and even presenting a tutorial, which is a huge step for me!! Check it out here.   They say the best way to progress is to learn, practise, and then teach somebody else!   Here's my card:



I'm also entering this card in:
# Simon Says ~ Colour combo ~ green and red


Over at Scrap Boutique, I'm joining in some more WCMD challenges:





7 comments :

  1. I love the colors.. HAPPY CARD MAKING DAY!! I hope that you are having a great one and feeling creative. We have blog candy at my blog too! Come on in and take a look!

    Have a great day!
    Jessica Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU DEAR KAREN, wishing you such a beautiful day spent with J and DH.Hope they spoil you silly and you go out and do something fun to celebrate.XX Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Karen, happy birthday to you,mwah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Karen. Hope you had a great day on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards :-) Congratulations on hosting the challenge :-) that must have been fun !

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp challenge :-)
    Luv
    Lols x

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello Karen,
    I just love your creations. both your LO's and cards are awesome. I just love your varied and colourful style.

    thankyou soooooooooo much for noting my fun giveaway on your side bar and becoming a follower on my blog. I have added your fantastic blog to my favourites and will be back again soon.thanks again, its encouragement from lovely people like you who make blogging and creating all the more worthwhile

    ReplyDelete
  7. i ESPECIALLY love the one with the earthy colours using BG's sugared paper... LOVE those flowers. the colours just make me warm and happy. :)

    how are you?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)