25 November 2009

Wishes

Yesterday my daughter was telling me about one of the fairy stories she is reading, and she decided she NEEDS a wish box. How it works (apparently) ~ the box needs to be really pretty and you write your wishes on pieces of paper and put them inside the box so that they can come true.

So, I surreptitiously unearthed an empty boiled lolly tin from the 'someday' craft box while she was at school, rifled through my stash for some funky patterned paper offcuts, and I got creative:






I haven't decided if I'll show her yet, or wait till she brings up the subject again, or put it aside for her birthday next month, or place it in her Christmas stocking...

In the meantime however, I'm entering this little creation in:
# Humble Pie ~ altered item


UPDATE 27 NOV: I won a prize for this one at Humble Pie. I'm holding on to the Wish Box for now and I'll wrap it up for her birthday, which is really, really soon.

13 comments :

  1. Wow...this is stunning what a gorgeous gift..don't think it matter's when you give it she will love it..
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous karen she is going to love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww Karen such a gorgeous idea!Im sure Jazi will treasure it :)

    Krissy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Karen, what a beautiful thing you have done for DD.She is just gonna love it.Gorgeous colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow I just love the colours..great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I love that tin! I know 2 fairies who would love one, I might have to get busy, teh Prima flower tins would be good for this project! I am loving that Jas believes in the idea of wishes, fairies & make believe too, fostering her imagination! Maybe you could post it to her, little ones LOVE getting their own mail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. karen, another fabulous creation, girlie! love the paper you've chosen, and i do think your daughter's going to fall in LOVE with it!

    thanks for doing the Humble Pie challenge this week! you rock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, you've created a gorgeous box for your little girl. I adore the story behind it too! Thanks for partaking in the Humble Pie Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this must be the cutest little wish box ever!

    Thank you for showing interest in my Advent Calendar. Don't forget to put up the picture of the stuff in the calendar in your blog, and spread the word :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow Karen what a fabulous thing to make for your daughter...its so pretty dont know how you could keep it until her birthday, im more impatient than that lol...thanks for joining in with my candy and good luck
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello
    you are the winner of a heart in my blogg
    please send your adress to my mail so i can send it to you.
    nor@live.se
    lolla
    www.lollashus.blogg.se

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)