31 January 2010

Find Joy

Back in December, Manon set a challenge at Scrap Boutique to create a layout about goals for 2010. I knew straight away what I wanted to do, but my layout got shelved for awhile after a minor technical hitch (some damaged alphabets), and I only returned to it this week, just in time for the end of January.

Here's the original mishap:



I was misting the chipboard alphabets when all the paint squirted out the bottom of the nozzle, and made a huge mess all over the grass (no problem), the patio, my hands, everywhere.

But, following my intention to 'Find Joy' I called out to my daughter to come and take a photograph!! (Hopeless scrapbooker moment...) It was quite funny trying not to drip anywhere, not touch anything, and explain to her how to use the camera. It's a Rebel XTi (EOS 400D) which she is rarely allowed to touch, so I had to explain how to turn it on, how to reset the focus to auto, how to set the full-auto mode (which I never use) and then how to frame the shot and how to take the photograph. She was laughing, and so was I!!

By the time I had cleaned myself up and unblocked the nozzle, the alphas ended up with huge blobs of paint in some sections, which were too wet and partially buckled the chipboard where they had started to dry. Looking back, it was quite funny...

And here is the layout:



3 comments :

  1. And it's awesome, I loooove it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Thank you for coming to visit me on my blog and entering my candy draw,
    Good luck
    hugs Mel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)