26 July 2010

Cards in Miniature

I made a few 'miniature cards' over the weekend - each of these is just 3"x3" - quick, easy and a great way to use up some scraps and leftovers:


# Simon Says ~ Martine's sketch
# Quixotic Paperie ~ Challenge #33 ~ Make it Miniature

I used:  MME Meadowlark collection, a smidgen of Glitz Designs 'Distressed Couture' paper (the polka dot one) and Cuttlebug 'Daisy Pattern' EF, ribbon

I also made a couple of  Christmas giftcards while I had the Cuttlebug on the desk:


# Polka Doodle ~ Week 29 ~ Christmas in July
# Basic Grey Challenges ~ Week 25 ~ Stitching

I used:Basic Grey/K&Co 'Motifica' 6x6 paper pad (which tells you just how long it's been in my stash!)   The stitching is a bit hard to see but it's in a circle, kind of like a wreath.  I also used: Cuttlebug 'Holly Ribbons' EF, Spellbinders Nestabilities 'Labels Three', and some tiny diecut tags (Leone gave me a heap of these last year, thank you.) I made my own hat pin embies by cutting the 'loop' off the back of some Christmas buttons that I was sent in a RAK, and gluing to the top of the pin.  For the Santa pin, I added a bit of Heidi Swapp ribbon.

8 comments :

  1. these are the sweetest - everything is better in miniature

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous gorgeous cards Karen, I just love the cardstock embossing, and always love stitching on layouts and cards, I would love you to come over to scrap with me sometime, I love scrapping and chatting and having coffee and well did I say scrapping, I live in Ipswich where in Qld do you hail from. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely little cards - the embossing really looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all gorgeous and very cute! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp! hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous miniatures Karen, I love that you got a couple of christmas cards done too!
    Thanks for joining us at Quixotic this week.
    HuGs Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab Entry, thanks for joining Polkadoodles challenge, Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet and such a good idea too! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so sweet. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge. Dee x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)