27 August 2010

Loving all things orange

So what's new? I love orange, and I've been scrapping with orange a bit over the past few weeks:

This one was for the Scrap Boutique August cybercrop - it was a 'lucky dip' challenge. My assigned criteria was: Use orange, blue and white (I was heavy on the orange, no surprise there); include stars (mine are handmade); use paint (I used Kaisercraft 'Mango')


Click to enlarge

The next one was for a 'scrapbooking whispers' random challenge, also at Scrap Boutique. These are fun - it's like a game of Chinese Whispers, except you see a layout that the previous scrapper did, scrap your own version, then pass it on. Interesting to see how the original and the last one look nothing like the other!  I enjoyed scrapping this one, but I'm not sure if I like the result or not - it's almost entirely done from offcuts and leftovers, and I really don't like the alpha stickers (but I was happy to use up some more of my dodgy old stash!)



And speaking of orange - last month I created another orange page for a random challenge during the Design Dollies blog hop.  Thank you Ms L'Orange for sending me the most amazing RAK for that challenge!!

I have lots of ideas on what to do with the goodies you sent, and your card is so delicious that I want to show everyone:

xx

2 comments :

  1. Great LO's here, esp the last one !! Thank you so much for the beautiful card you sendt me; unfo I received it a bit late for the candy draw, but nevertheless it was highly appreciated, KAren ! Thanks !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, girlie, you are MOST welcome! i'm sure you'll turn those little goodies into fabulosity, and i can't wait!

    your recent love of orange is nearly rivaling mine, you know! maybe it's BECAUSE of me that you love it so much? :D

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)