21 September 2010

Ribbons!

I love using ribbons but I think I've been neglecting my ribbon collection lately, how sad is that?

I did break out some more ribbon for this card though:



# Really Reasonable Ribbon ~ Challenge #8 ~ Inspiration picture
# Secret Crafter ~ Challenge #101 ~ Anything Goes



Stamp and Create PRIZEA little while back, I received some delicious blog candy from Lacey at Stamp and Create.

I've been saving the gorgeous celery May Arts ribbon for just the right project, and I used some of it for the first time on this layout:



The layout is my entry in the Home Economics 101 class at My Scrapbook Nook. The criteria was to use fabric and/or ribbon, and to use stitching. The muslin flowers were trickier to make than I thought they'd be, but in the end they were my favourite part.



I didn't have an iron handy, so my ribbon is a little bit creased *tiny frown* but by the time it goes into an album it won't really matter. (More about my "iron story" in a future blog post.)

Aaaa-a-a-a-a-nd, for some deliberately crinkled ribbon...





I was so thrilled to win some wrinkled ribbon bundles from Leeanne at Artful Delight.  The ribbons come from  Prairie Bird Boutique and are just so beautiful!  They arrived today, complete with some colourful postage stamps on the envelope, and Patsy's gorgeous handwriting.

I can't wait to try the ribbon on some layouts and cards.

Thank you so much xx

7 comments :

  1. you can never have too many ribbons- just need to get busy using them karen!! hehe xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I understand big time - I have a ribbon addiction!!! and i love the card you have made and that layout!!!! I have heard that you can use a hair straightner for ribbon ironing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creations...
    Thanks for joining our special launch challenge at SCSC, and good luck with the draw
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute are those guinea pigs & I love the colours of the layout.
    Lucky girl winning all those lovely ribbons :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. One can never have too many ribbons and one should never neglect them lol Karen... LOVE what you have done with the gorgeous ribbons on your card and oh so cute layout. That photo is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just have to come over soon so you can help me, I have sooooo much ribbon and just struggle to use it, and how lovely to receive such beautiful mail, I just loved your gorgeous home ec class. Can you believe we are almost finished. I have enjoyed it. By the way, Nate is waving right back at you Jazi. Love Melx and Natexx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)