10 September 2010

September sketchiness and Kraft, Kraft, Kraft

I'm in love with the sketches that Kristy creates for Design Dollies! This is my take on the second sketch challenge for September:


Click to enlarge

I really enjoyed creating this one ~ I indulged my current obsession with Kraft, and used up lots of scraps too.


The next layout was based on an inspiration picture over at Kraft it Up! I was inspired by the pennants and the blue/white stripes, which it led me to the nautical theme. I had something totally different in mind (misting and masking) when I started, but after a few false starts it was going nowhere.

** RANT FOLLOWS - feel free to skip this bit **

I'm officially 'over' my bottle of 'Denim Blue' Glimmer Mist. From the start, with a brand new bottle, it didn't spray. It clogged, it spurted over the edge and made a mess all over my hands and my target area. I achieved a vague hint of colour in a few soggy patches, and no glimmer. I tried everything to unclog it, without success. I bought some extra misting bottles ~ one well-known brand bottle and one local scrapbook brand bottle ~ and it still clogged. Aaaargh. I have a couple of Glimmer Mist colours, and never had any problems before (although I've had problems with another brand). Maybe I just got a dodgy one, maybe it's the colour formula, but it just wasn't meant to be :(

** RANT ENDS **

*Sigh* so I gave up on my original idea and just stuck a whole pile of stuff down, not entirely happily, but by this point I wasn't enjoying myself and it was just time to let it go:



And my last share for today is a layout that I'm *entirely* happy with!! It's for the Scrap Boutique Stash Stomper this month, using the sketch provided and using up lots more scraps:


Click to enlarge

I took the photograph last month when I visited Melissa; she hasn't seen this yet, and I've left the journalling section blank so she can write in what she likes and it to Nate's album.

14 comments :

  1. Oh Karen, I was just reading the rant, which is great (as if I would skip it) and then I saw the gorgeous 2nd layout and then scrolled down and went "What the" and for a quick minute thought - is that Nate? oh I love love love it, wow, this is truly gorgeous, I cannot remember you taking this photo, I love it you sneaky thing, I love how you did the journalling lines, and wow, yay I have a layout with machine stitching on.......my first...and doesn't that colour just pop in the title. Thank you dear friend, looking forward to your next visit. Love Mel and Natexxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these Karen and the texture looks awesome:) I totally love the aqua colour and kraft together. Have a great weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally in love with the weetbix page karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my!! I love me some kraft and this is kraftalicious!!!!!! just great stuff here. I love the aqua with the kraft!! and im feeling your rant with spray bottles. Try picking up an empty spray bottle at a 2 dollar store and empty it in there

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a white spray that just would not work (can't remember the brand) so went to pour it into another container and the bottom third of the bottle was practically solid. Not much spray happening there.

    loving the dollies sketch this week, will give it a go tonight i think. And that is the coolest name for a horse i have heard in a while. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love Kraft!!! Sorry to hear about the glimmer mist.. can never really get them right although love what others do with them..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for entering this months KIU challenge, its a great page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your layouts!! They are all wonderful!
    I've had similar problems with Glimmers ... grrr!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog while on the SimonSays blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you did with the Kraft, it's one of my faves too, but I'm pretty much out except for scraps now. And I loooooove what you did for Mel!!!!! That is so nice, and the photo of Nate is just great! What a sweet friend you are! Hugs, Rox.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are really awesome layouts!! I'll have to check out that sketch site!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow - your layouts are amazing.Thanks for leaving me a nice comment...

    Have a great day.

    xo
    tina

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're brill, Karen! Really love the colours in the middle one and the last is soooo cute! Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOWEEE.. loving all your pages.
    thanks for playing along at KIU :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your LO's are awesome. Super take on the KIU challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)