08 September 2010

Small things

This week at Design Dollies, it's my turn to do Thursday's Sketch Challenge, but I couldn't resist doing the other two challenges as well.  Here's my extra 'little' creation:


Click to enlarge

# Elements Challenge ~ Adina asked us to make an artist trading card which showcases our personal crafty style AND to use it in a creative way.   I don't make many ATC's (this is my second design ever) so I was a bit stumped for a while.  Then, after a photo-printing mishap I was left with a tiny portion of a photograph that I thought would be useful... so I made an ATC featuring Ella the guinea pig, scrapped in my simple, linear style with minimal embellishment.  I even added some simple line borders like I do on my layouts.  And for the second part of the challenge - the ATC has been re-purposed as a bookmark.  Although the finished size is 'standard' ATC size of 2.5" x 3.5", it actually has a folded section on the back, which sits very neatly over the top of a page:



# Colour Challenge ~ Leah asked us to use the colours of grey, green and white.  I was stuck on the grey until I remembered my Basic Grey scraps folder - the paper is from the very old 'Black Tie' range.


Last week my friend Hilde invited me to join in the September challenges at My Scrapbook Nook. The Nook U class assignment for 2nd September was to create a set of three ATCs. Huh?? Having just got my head around only my second ever ATC design, I'm being challenged to create another THREE? Feels like the universe is hinting that I need to be taken out of my comfort zone a little more often!

I really did enjoy it, and it was fun dreaming up a theme too. So... this is what I came up with:


Click to enlarge

Next question, what do I do with these ones?

2 comments :

  1. Oh wow, the Ella guinea pig ATC is the cutest ever atc, oh this is gorgeous and to be a very useful bookmark, good for you clever girl. I hope you are enjoying the Nook, I am doing Uni there too and did some ATC's I thought that was you on their, will say hi when I am in, I love love love your gorgeous atc's, I feel the very same way about mine "what do I do with them now" - want to swap.... Love to you and Jazi, Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to have you as a fav sudent at the Nook. I was never in doubt that these would come high up on my ranking list - the way you used the tea bags was so creative. What you do with them? Trade them with other scrappers. They are kind of scrapper's Pokemon cards *lol* I often add one in the envelope if I send anything to another scrapper (a RAK, a swap, anything), just as an extra Hello...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)