26 October 2010

Purple and white and black

It's Design Dollies time again, and I've been revisiting purple.  This week the Colour Challenge is to use PURPLE   BLACK and WHITE:


Click to enlarge

I'm entering my layout at:
# Top Tip Tuesday ~ #7 ~ Anything goes


The J-girl *loves* purple and black.  She also *loves* Converse High Tops.  Unfortunately, they are a bit out of our budget so she's just been dreaming about them.  About a month ago, I found these cheap no-name canvas boots at an outlet store:



She wore them a few times, but she is now becoming a little more fashion conscious and interested in experimenting with accessories, and she told me more than once that they are 'a bit plain':

 

Then the Nook U Final 6 challenge at My Scrapbook Nook came up ~ "Alter something.  Anything." ~ I knew exactly what I was going to do. I used lace and beads and fabric paint, and a LOT of hot glue gun action and I came up with this:



I didn't win any places in the challenge, but I did win some "Mummy Points" at home!

6 comments :

  1. very cool karen, love how you used purple!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout. And I am sure you won huge Mummy points at home. I bet your daughter now loves her original, one of a kind boots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better than converse... what a good Mum you are.

    loving the purple and black combo, will be entering that one xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. and you know mummy points are really all that matters, they are gorgeous shoes Karen, I actually was surprised you didn't win especially for creativity....Jazi sounds like she is starting to become fashion conscious and having a mum like you will save lots of $$$ if you can come up with some amazing creations just like this. I love that gorgeous layout too, the purple looks divine.Love to you both, Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous shoes! :D
    Bet they're cooler now than the Converses! At least I think so! ;) The butterfly was awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Jazi's boots look terrific! Now she'll be proudly wearing them and I bet she'll tell people who decorated them for her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)