29 October 2010

Swimming

It's time to share my project for the Elements Challenge over at Design Dollies this week.  The theme is 'mixed media' and after a bit of pondering I came up with this:


Click to enlarge

I made my own 'canvas' by shaping some corrugated cardboard packaging, painting with gesso and acrylic paint, then Mod-Podging a piece of metallic wrapping paper onto the background.  Then I sponged gesso over the top again to get rid of the shine, and scrapped over the top of that.

It's an aide-memoire for my daughter to help her pack her own bag for swimming lessons.  We have all sorts of little lists all over the house to help her navigate routine activities more easily, so she doesn't feel constantly lost and confused.  She hasn't seen this new version of her swim bag list yet; I hope it will make her smile.

4 comments :

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)