02 December 2010

Christmas Birthday?

I was thrilled when Jo invited me to join the Design Team at C.R.A.F.T  Challenges, starting in December.

The sponsor this week is Toucan Scraps.

I have to admit that Challenge 79 had me puzzled for a while and I really had to step out of my comfort zone agin this week.


I made a birthday card in Christmas colours, and I used a Christmas journalling card:



I also used: Bazzill cardstock, Tim Holtz embossing folder, Cosmo Cricket alphabet stickers, Bella journalling card, Scenic Route patterned paper.


I'm submitting my card at:

# Party Time Tuesdays ~ PTT #23 ~ Anything Goes
# Papertake Weekly ~ Sketch 51
# Everything but the Kitchen Sink ~ Challenge 28 ~ Texture (dry embossing)

9 comments :

  1. OOOH I love that embossing! I really like the idea of using the Xmas colours for a different theme. And I was just looking at your last LO, and the blanket stitching around the edges looks just phenomenal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! Love the Christmas colors so much! Thanks for playing with us at Party Time Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the DT position Karen....better check out where you will be!
    A gorgeous card...love your Chrissie colours, for a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, I love the simplicity of your card and the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great textures! Thanks for sharing with us at Party Time Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the texture...and that you kept it simple so it would really stand out! Thanks for playing with us EBTKS girls! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, love the textures! Thanks for playing along with PTT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love the background texture! Thanks for joining us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)