13 January 2011

Cool colours

Thursday again, and time for sharing my CRAFT Challenge creation for the week. This week the theme is 'moving components':



What I did: I used an image from our sponsor Claire, at Hope Jacare Doodles and I layered up the flowers with brads so the top layers spin around.

I'm entering my card at:

# Make it Colourful ~ Challenge 1 ~Warm or cool colours
I used Faber-Castelle watercolour pencils. I'm not too happy with the results but that's the reason I'm joining the weekly challenges - I am determined to get better this year!
# Sundays with Crissy ~ Challenge #13 ~ Ribbons
I used American Craft ribbon.

8 comments :

  1. Definately such a cool card! Beautiful colours & lovely spinning flowers Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cool colours. I've not long got into prisma pencils and it's just a case of having time to play with them, and like you say practice makes perfect. Just need more hours.

    Love how you have presented it. Thanks for joining us at Make It Colourful. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just so lovely a card! So bright colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your coloring is fabulous, love the frosty cool colors. That image is wonderful. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Make It Colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your spinning flowers Karen! Gorgeous colouring! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you have given the flowers dimension - so fun! Great colours - super card! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card Karen~~I really like the colors:)
    Very clever flower idea!!
    Thanks for joining us at SWC!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this image! Very pretty work! Thanks for joining us at Sunday's with Crissy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)