28 April 2011

CRAFTy Thursday

At CRAFT this week Challenge 100 is to create a project using ribbon, a tag, two squares and a circle. Here's my card:



My recipe: 
1> Print a digital image from our sponsor, Lia Stampz onto cream cardstock.
2> Use Spellbinders Nestabilities 'Labels Four' die to cut a tag around the image.
3> Ink the edges with fluid chalk and add some gingham ribbon to the top.
4> Cut two squares - Kraft (4"x4") and Cloud 9 patterned paper (3"x3"), and machine stitch around each.
5> Layer the squares and the tags, then slip a circle (reverse side of a Jillibean Soup journalling spot) under the edge of the tag on one side. 
6> Embellish the circle with some Prima mini roses and handmade rolled roses.
7> Add a short sentiment with Adorn It alphabet stickers.
8> Mount the layers onto a 5"x5" folded card

The recipe had me daunted at first, but when I started to play around I really had fun with it. I'm also entering my card in the following challenges:

# Stamp, Scrap & Doodle ~ Tagalicious
# One Stop Craft ~ Chocolate inspired 
# Tip Top Tuesday ~ Squares
# Simon Says ~ Anything goes
# Pixie Dust Paperie  ~ Tag

3 comments :

  1. Love the cute image, and you've really inspired me to have a go at this stitching. Love those little flowers too and the inking around the image tag. Lovely card. Annette xx (One Stop Craft DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! This is really sweet!! I love your colors and your flowers!! Great design!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!! Hope to see you again!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, love your rolled flowers, thanks for playing along with Pixie Dust Paperie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)