27 April 2011

Flashback to when it was a NEW bike

We went cycling at a local park on the weekend and I quickly realised that our J-girl is too tall for her bicycle. She's grown a whole head taller since Christmas! I recalled taking photographs on the evening her bicycle first arrived in 2008 (an early birthday gift from her grandparents) - and I realised I've never scrapped them. I thought it might be a good idea to scrap them before she outgrows the bike altogether...

This one is based on the April sketch at Handmade by Suzanne:



I wasn't too sure about this layout at first - I still think it's a bit 'busy' with the but it has grown on me a bit and I was happy to use up some more of the scraps on my desk. 

I used:  Echo Park 'For the Record' base and the large square of Sassafras Lass 'Starters',There's scraps of Echo Park, Memento and Sass Lass papers, as well as some other bits and bobs - white Green Tara flowers, green flower (possibly Petaloo?), Foof-a-la buttons, Daisy D's journalling tag, ric rac offcut, and a funky chipboard embie that came in a Scarlet Lime kit ages ago, can't remember what brand it is from.  The alphas are Fancy Pants 'Kraft Kuts' and the stars along the bottom (my favourite bit!) are the negatives from a Jenni Bowlin 'Apothecary' sticker set.


The next layout is based on the April sketch at Scrap Lounge, and the colour challenge at the Scrap Boutique cybercrop (green, white and black):



The extra criteria at Scrap Boutique was to include paint and stamping - here's my little painted snail, which I stamped with Rhonna Farrer 'Swirls v2' stamps.  I also stamped some flowers:



0 messages :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)