29 September 2011

Celebrating 49...

I didn't get any really nice photographs this year for P's birthday - actually, only one shot turned out. As a scrapper, I must admit I'm guilty of procrastination when it comes to photographs I'm not happy with - silly, I know. 

It should be all about capturing the memories, not showcasing a perfect photograph. So, I got motivated this week to print out a few 'not so perfect' photographs and I started scrapping. 

I started with this inspiration photo at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge this week:


Focussing on the orange balloons, I went with a birthday theme, and scrapped this layout:



Almost everything I used is from We R Memory Keepers 'Fiesta' collection - kindly given to me by my friend Melissa. Mel - it took me a while, but I finally used some of those papers!! The only extras are the foam Thickers from American Crafts, and the May Arts red gingham ribbon.

I'm submitting my layout at:
# Celebrate the Occasion ~ Use ribbon
# Deep Ocean ~ Happy birthday

6 comments :

  1. Very cute layout!! Makes me realize I need to scrap more!! :) Thanks for playing with us at CTO!
    Laurie
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and vibrant LO. Gorgeous use of your gift pp! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout, thanks for joining CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun layout, I love all your sentiments with your wonderful papers! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO, hope to see you again next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, this is a fun and colorful layout!
    Love it!
    Thanks for joining us at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great LO with such fun colors!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)