24 January 2014

Sketches and book pages

I'm still on a roll with my return to scrapbooking... driven mostly by sketches at the moment.  I'm so thrilled that I'm getting so many pages done and starting to fill some of the gaps in my albums. I finished another two pages today.

These two layouts have nothing in common, except they are both based on sketches, and they both use book pages.

This one is based on Inspired Blueprints Sketch 117 AND I'm also submitting it for the Frosted Designs Friday challenge, which is to use polka dots:



Materials:
Pink Paislee Pop Fashion patterned paper
Prime E Line - Brown Mix flowers
Kaisercraft Pearls - Pearl
October Afternoon Fly a Kite label sticker
American Crafts Thickers - Giggles foam alphabets
Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type alphabet stickers


As well as using the sketch as a starting point for this layout, I was also inspired by Andrea Gomoll's Daily Booksketch.  Andrea suggests having some old book pages already prepped with a thin layer of gesso, so they are at hand when you feel inspired to use them ~ what a fabulous idea.  I like the way that gesso softens the look of the text but still allows it to show through.  I think I'll be using more of these book pages on my layouts.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

This layout is based on a sketch by Diana Fisher for Lily Bee Designs:



I found it challenging to use the papers in the same way as the sketch, but I did my best with what I had.  I used some offcuts of Lily Bee Designs Picket Fence papers - it's one of the earlier collections so I've had it in my stash for quite a while.  I also used another piece of gesso'd book page which I think complements the Lily Bee papers well.

Other materials:
Prima Essentials paper flower
American Crafts Thickers - Cream Soda foam alphabets

2 comments :

  1. Lovely page, i love the natural touch to it. Thank you for joining us at Frosted designs. channa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pages and lovely doilies!!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Frosted Designs :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)