11 May 2014

Beach inspiration

It's Sunday, which means it's reveal day for the weekly challenge at Lasting Memories. This week Denise is asking us to use something not normally used on a scrapbook layout.  I had a dig through my hoarded 'findings' to see what I could use, and I came up with this:



It's the cover of a 2011 cafe and restaurant guide from West End/South Bank in Brisbane.  At some point I guess I was going to use it for something, but I honestly can't remember now.  I do love the teal green colour and the gold embossed pigeon on the front, and the pigeon motifs all over the inside cover.  I cut some large circles for part of my background, using both sides of the cardboard.

This is my layout:




In creating my layout, I was inspired by the new inspiration board at Inkido:

 

I have no shortage of "beachy" photographs to scrap so this is another push to get some more of those pages scrapped.

My layout was created from Ashley Horton's sketch at the Creative Scrappers Birthday Bash.

Materials:
Pink Paislee Queen Bee - Worker Bee patterned paper
Pink Paislee Fetching alphabet stickers
Kaisercraft 5cm Lime paper flowers
Scenic Route Sonoma diecut journalling card


10 comments :

  1. You probably saved it for this challenge! It's perfect for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout!! Great colours and design - makes me smile :)
    Thank you for playing at Inkido!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page for our InkidoChallenge this month, thank you for joining us this month !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page, dear! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Inkido!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page KarenB! I LOVE that you used a restaurant guide and I have to chuckle at the fact you were going to use it for something but cant remember what, I have the same problem but maybe this is what you were suppose to use it for because it worked perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page Karen!!! love the photo of DD -oh how they grow up so fast...thanks for joining us at Inkido may's challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy you played along with our May challenge at Inkido!!
    Love how you interpreted our mood board.Thanks for sharing your lovely page with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, very cool and creative way to incorporate something different in your LO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet LO!
    Thanks for joining to us at Inkido!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful page. Thanks for playing along with us at Inkido!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)