25 July 2014

Another cafe, another layout...

This layout is based on the July sketch at Life. Paper. Scrapbook.



The photographs were taken with my daughter's Android tablet. She created the photo montage in under a minute, using a really basic free photo collage app, and then we printed it at a photo booth while we were there.  Gotta love instant gratification! 

I was also inspired by these challenges:
* Just Two Mid West Girls ~ Bust that Journal Card Stash! {I used a sheet of kraft cardstock journal cards to make my layout base AND I used two Tattered Angels cards}
* Flying Unicorns ~ It's All About Wood {I used a wooden stirrer from Zarraffa's, and a wooden ladybird}
* Frosted Designs ~ Flowers and stitching {I frequently use lots of each on my layouts!  This layout has black machine stitching around the photograph and journalling cards, and I have also used hand stitching to secure the tangle of jute string.  And SIX different kinds of flowers...}



Materials:
My Minds Eye Life Stories - Journaling Sheet #2 cardstock
Tattered Angels Vintage Seasons - Timeless Romance calling cards
Kaisercraft Mini Alpha - Cream letter stickers
Petaloo Flora Doodles brown silk flower
Prima Essentials - Everyday Vintage paper flowers
Bella! Flowerz - Black silk flower
Kaisercraft 5cm Taupe paper flowers
Green Tara 2cm Gerbera - Dark Chocolate paper flowers
Brown silk roses (from my haberdashery stash)
Cosmo Cricket Earth Love - Borders (fussy cut heart)
Jute string

8 comments :

  1. Great take! Thanks for joining us at Life.Paper.Scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous take on the sketch. Love every element on it. Thank you for joining us at Life Paper Scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page! Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interpretation of the sketch and I absolutely love the design! Thanks for joining us at LPS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome page! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done!!! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful layout Karen! I just love the craft colors and the clusters of flowers! I'm so digging that photo collage too! Thanks for playing along with the Just Two Midwest Girls challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photo collage! Love the layout. Thanks for joining in the fun at Frosted Designs for our Stitching + Flowers challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)