27 August 2014

Inspired by Robin Williams

I was very saddened by the passing of Robin Williams, a man who brought so much joy to so many people. It made me smile to see that the August Inspired By... challenge at Mei Li Paperie, is this:


This is what I created:



I was inspired by the black & white photograph {I altered my photograph using Photoshop Elements ~ back to basics with a layer and an eraser brush} and I also took inspiration from Mork's famous rainbow suspenders!  As a child I loved watching Mork & Mindy on television, and like so many people, that fun character was my first introduction to the magic of Robin Williams:




My layout was also inspired by the August challenge at Creative Embellishments.  The picture element is the rainbow, and I used the 1960's song title "Colour My World" (Petula Clark).

Materials:
Echo Park Summertime - Alpha Stickers letters & scallops
Carolee's Creations/AdornIt Dance - Cadence patterned paper
Bella Blvd Sunny Happy Skies - Borders n Blocks patterned paper (fussy cut rainbow)

7 comments :

  1. Wonderful tribute page! Thanks for playing with us at Creative Embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I love this tribute. I was so saddened by that news. The world has lost a shining star, that's for sure. Oh the Mork and Mindy days!!! He was an amazing man and will be truly missed. Beautiful tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool creation!! Awesome tribute. Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tribute and take on the inspo pic this month!! Thank you so much for playing along with Creative embellishments!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great tribute! Love how you edited the photo. Beautifully done! Thanks for playing along with the Creative Embellishments August challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh love how you took our inspiration and ran with it to include his mork and mindy days! beautiful layout! Thanks for joinging us at Mei Li!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)