20 September 2014

Another sketch layout

I loved the sketch challenge at C'est Magnifique this month and wanted to create something with it.  This is my layout:



I did some stencilling in the background - I like the effect but I think I need a bit more practice to achieve some cleaner lines:



I think a bit of online searching is in order to find some tutorials to help me out!  Despite my blurry results, I'm entering this into the stencilling challenge at Scrap it Girl this month.

I'm also submitting at Scrapbook Fantasies Weekly Challenge #34/2014 - create a layout using flowers you made yourself.   I made the roses (rolled spiral technique), and the daisies (with a punch and pearls for the centres).

Materials:
Pink Paislee Spring Fling - Rain Showers patterned paper
Basic Grey Sublime - Raspberry Blue patterned paper
Basic Grey Two Scoops - Mint Chocolate Chip patterned paper
Glitz Designs Beautiful Dreamer - Polka patterned paper
Crate Paper Brook - Pebbles patterned paper
Fancy Pants Kraft Kuts - Green/Blue Alphas letter stickers
My Memories butterfly punch
Martha Stewart Floral Lace decorative edge punch
Kaisercraft Pearls - Teal
Maya Road chipboard scroll
Plaid Dimensional Magic glaze
Smooch Spritz - Emerald Sprinkle mist
The Crafter's Workshop Mini Chicken Wire 6x6 template
Chromacryl paint - White
Carl Mini Daisy punch

8 comments :

  1. This is a gorgeous layout! I love your stenciling and the borders and flowers. So much depth! :) Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap It Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and fab LO design. Awesome background. Thanks for playing along with us at
    Scrap it Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Karen! Thanks for playing along at C'est Magnifique this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout! Love your take on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at C'est Magnifique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty layout and great colors! Thanks for joining us at C'est Magnifique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout! You did a great job with the stencil and I love your punched border strips! Thanks for playing along with Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice idea and really nice colors. Thanks for playing with Scrap It Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's ok to enjoy the "non-clean" stencil lines...I like it this way...Thanks for playing and joining the Scrap It Girl September Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)