07 September 2014

It's a celebration...

This week at Lasting Memories, we have the fun theme of Let's Celebrate ~ scrap a layout about any celebration.  Because it's such a universal theme, we're hoping for lots of entries! Birthdays, Christmas, festivals, weddings, anniversaries, New Year... 

I've started a new album for our trip to Sydney last month, where we attended a 90th birthday party, so I'd like to share this layout:



I created my layout using sketch #122 at Sketchabilities.  I love Karan's sketches, and the single photo ones are always so versatile.  I'm also submitting at Studio Challenges, where the current theme is to use buttons.  I used some fun layered felt flowers with wooden button centres:



My other favourite part is the layering, and I love how the title just blended in, with a little bit of DM to add dimension:



Other materials:
My Memories Chevrons - Aqua patterned paper
Creative Imaginations Narratives - Honeydew patterned paper
Glitz Designs Beautiful Dreamer - Polka patterned paper
My Minds Eye Everyday Tango - Lime Twist diecut alphabets
Plaid Dimensional Magic glaze
Kaisercraft Rhinestones - Turquoise
Portacraft Floral Stack felt flowers

14 comments :

  1. Gorgeous page! Thanks for playing along at The Studio! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special celebration! I LOVE all of the details on your page:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know I love your layouts. I love the layering and buttons. Cant wait to see more of these layouts for this album.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh beautiful page! I really love the wood button/felt flower combo. And now I want a pc of chocolate cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes a beauty!!! thanks for playing along with sketchabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you made ​​the felt flowers.
    Thanks for playing with us at Sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM!!!! Thanks for playing along with Sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! The colours are awesome and the buttons super cute!
    Thank you for playing along with us at The Studio Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen , this is gorgeous!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchabilities!
    xoxo Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely L layout. Thank you very much for participating at Sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful your layout, thanks for participating in The Studio Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am seriously IN LOVE with this layout! Karen, you have managed to pull off one of the most perfect layouts I've seen in such a long time.. There is a great balance, the photo and colours are fun.. The title font is awesome.. Every element I love!
    Thanks for sharing.. Toni.. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this its amazing. Thanks for playing along with Sketchabilities

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)