28 September 2014

Nature's glory... new beginnings

This is my DT reveal for the Lasting Memories new challenge theme, Nature's Glory.  Your layout could feature natural scenery, plants, or animals.  I have so many photographs of beautiful landscapes just begging to be scrapped, but in the end I went in a different direction for this layout when I saw the New Beginnings challenge at 7 Dots Studio.


I took quite a lot of photographs when our very first chicks hatched in July.  They were the most adorable little things!!  So amazing to watch as they pecked their way out of their shells, emerged all wet and bedraggled, then dried off all fluffy and sweet...  This is my layout:



I used the September sketch from Pretty Little Studio to build my layout.  I really liked the simple blocked design, and it worked perfectly for my photographs.

Materials:
7 Dots Studio 9th Wave - Golden Sand patterned paper
A2Z Scraplets Welcome to the World chipboard title
Derivan Flesh Base acrylic paint
Chromacryl White acrylic paint
Corrugated card packaging
Green Tara 1cm roses - ivory and yellow
Kaisercraft Ivory Cream paper flowers
Prima Essentials mulberry flowers 

Thanks for visiting my blog!

8 comments :

  1. Awww this is so cute!!! thank you so much for joining us at 7Dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely theme for your page!! These chicks are adorable!! Wonderful page, made me smile!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at 7 Dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cuty!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome lo!!! Thanks for playing along with 7Dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this layout and those pics!! WOW!! What a great moment to capture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your layout Karen! cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how cute! Love the look and the pictures and the title go so well together! Adorable! Thank you for joining us at 7 Dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW sweet!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at 7 Dots Studio this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. :-)
    So cute and sweet :-)

    Thank You so much for joining us at 7 Dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)